Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rejuvenating Together

We have had an enjoyable conference weekend. As often said we enjoy being with our kids and sharing their lives. We took off Friday late afternoon and headed to Provo. Stacey was going crazy, she had not been out of town for four weeks and felt like she was missing out on something. We listened to a audio book on the way up and the trip was quick. It did snow over the Summit – no problems with roads though. Before we could even get to town Haven had a shopping trip planned – so after pizza with Cody & Amanda – we met Haven and Lant at the Mall. We usually get the kids a spring outfit for Easter. We did some grocery shopping for the weekend and planned to have everything one over for breakfast and supper Saturday and lunch Sunday. (With the blessing of Cody & Amanda)

We got up late and made Belgium waffles and bacon and listened to conference. Lant & Haven showed up, and later Brooke and Shad.
Some of us had a hard time staying awake – but with Cody around you might as well forget it. He took the whipped cream out of the fridge and was filling up mouths of the sleepy – just ask Haven.
We went and shopped again between sessions and got a few things. Stacey with some help made Sweet & Sour Pork and hot rolls that we all enjoyed after conference.
For the first time in seven years I had the opportunity to be in priesthood session with all my sons. I must admit I felt a bit emotional and grateful for good sons with strong testimony and commitment to the gospel.
It was rejuvenating to hear our prophets, apostles, and leaders and be with family. To live up to my children’s expectations is motivating to me. Their trust in my direction as they come to seek help is humbling. I pray so hard for inspiration in blessing their lives. It leaves me with a desire to be better and do better as a husband and father. I have learned that I am not alone, that we are not alone and that we have the powers of heaven and the company of angels to magnify us and bare us up in difficult times and to bless us to accomplish what the Lord expects of us. I am thankful today for a loving Heavenly Father and a loving family here on to share life’s experiences with.

2 comments:

Patrice said...

What a different stage in life you are. I am so glad you can just zip up and see everyone. How's Amanda holding up with all the company? Stacey was probably a huge help. We love you guys!

danandglenna said...

Dad and I are also grateful for good sons, and daughters. So grateful all of you have such strong testimonies, which fulfills a strong desire of our hearts. We,love you all.