Sunday, October 12, 2008

Work, work, work for the Lord the Pay isn't Much but the Retirement Benefits Are Out of This Word

This week started out busy and ended slow.
Monday evening we had the Johnson crew up for dinner, because my brother Sheldon and his son were here. Sheldon has retired and is moving back to Blanding after living in Las Vegas for many years. We had a big sign and a cake that said "Welcome back". It was fun to see Shawn again, he looks the same.
Tuesday I went to enrichment night, a "Back to School Night" we had journalism class were we learned about blogging. We had Home Ec. were we learned about canning. We then had school lunch, then on to seminary, after that we had PE were we learned about weight lifting. It was fun.
Wednesday was spent getting ready for the scripture carnival, I was in charge so the entire day I was getting decorations up etc. That night we dressed up as a scripture character (thus explaining the picture) and went to the carnival. We had booths such as Jonah and the Whale fish pond or pin the nose on the Nephite and other fun stuff. Chris did scripture Bingo for me, which was a hit. After the carnival we took it all down and I was sooo glad to have it done--Now to think about the Ward Christmas Dinner! Yeah!!
Thursday Chris had Round Table for the scouting program and I just chilled at home.
Friday we took out the garden all morning. The weather had changed and it was pretty cold the wind blew all weekend. In the afternoon went to the volleyball games, we went to the "C" game also because Lindsey Christensen is on the team and Dad is her Home teacher. So we sat there and talked with everyone about our children, I love to talk about my kids.(I miss them) The varsity team lost to Richfield, but we still enjoyed it. Of course Chris has a buddy in Richfield whose daughter plays on their team so he talked to him for awhile. Saturday we got up and went to the temple, then came home and rattled around the house all day alone with no children to tell what to do or to laugh or cry with. After many hours of that we decided to watch the BYU game. BYU won yeah!! Then we watched a movie.
Today we went to church and had Parker and Bronsen behind us (Ginger my niece's kids) they are fun little boys I love it when they sit by us cause they say funny things and it makes me laugh.
This week is fall break for some of our kids, don't know if they will be coming down but it would be fun if they did-HINT I think it is going to warm up again maybe take the wave runners out? A friend we knew when we lived in St Louis may also be coming to go deer hunting.
When the cold came this weekend it got me thinking of Christmas, I love it--Christmas, not the cold!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay Stacey's first post! Love your costumes, what were you guys exactly? We miss you guys too, wish we could come down for a week and just hang out. You could always come up here - HINT :)

Unknown said...

I love that you guys are blogging now. We love hearing from you.

Patrice said...

I thought you were in some kind of camo . . . glad to see that Abish is getting some credit. We have the most gorgeous weather of all of you . . . HINT . . . I can finally keep my doors open.