Sunday, November 23, 2008

Down in the Valley - Valley so Low

We enjoyed another busy week - I ended up taking Friday off because I had to work Saturday. We had a city leadership retreat and dignitary tour down in Monument Valley - I had to give a state of the city address to those in attendance and give my take on the effects of the current economic crisis on the City of Blanding. I sometimes wish I had a crystal ball and could see the future - sometimes I am glad I can't. The day was really pretty - Stacey stayed home and did the weekly house work. I told her it was payback for last week when she left me to go shopping with her sisters.
















I can't imagine living out in the middle of nowhere without any modern conveniences - regardless of how pretty the views are. It made me appreciate what I have.

I did make it back to watch the BYU/UTAH game - now I wish that I hadn't - it was painful to watch the team self destruct with 6 turnovers. Their defense just out played us. So I lost my lunch bets and will be buying lunch this week. Time to eat humble pie - I should learn not to be so mouthy.

Stacey dragged me to the movie again on Friday - "Twilight" - I whispered to her throughout the movie asking questions - that was helpful - it sure seemed to me that Bella fell in love fast with little relationship experiences to base that love on - she was ready to die for a guy she never even kissed. I did not like that part - overall it was entertaining.

Monday we worked on ornaments for each family in the Ward. Stacey is giving them out as part of the Ward party she is in charge of. She is so creative - the Ward party is on December 3rd. We enjoyed the temple again Tuesday and I was a veil worker and brought Stacey through - I like when that happens - it reminds me of our wedding day and bringing her through the veil that day. We always enjoy sitting in the celestial room together talking about our kids.

Haven's birthday was on Friday - yup 19 years old - my little girl growing up - I told Stacey I expect that by May 2010 all our kids will be married. Better be saving up for weddings - Haven says she will need at least $10,000. Oh boy - here we go!!

Looking forward to the week and everyone showing up for Thanksgiving. I enjoy this time a year when we get to spend time with family.

Life is good - we are striving to follow the Lord's plan of happiness.

2 comments:

Lant said...

May 2009 dad? are you serious?

Patrice said...

We'll be at those weddings! Kathryn wants to go to Twilight AGAIN when we come to Blanding. Will it still be there?