Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Short Work Week

This week was Veterans Day on Tuesday and so I took Monday off to make it a long weekend and a short work week. I have so much use it or lose it time at work I am taking every Friday off between now and the end of the year with two full weeks off at Christmas time. My year is almost over as far as work goes. It seems like this year has gone fast all around and I am getting old. Cody will be 25 in January - whoa - when did that happen - Haven will be 19 this week - that means this is my last year of teenagers since she will be 20 in 2009. (That was off on a bit of a tangent. )

I had City Council on Tuesday night and we went to the Temple on Wednesday and I taught Scout District Roundtable on Thursday Night. Stacey and I went to the movie High School Musical Three on Friday. (I think I was one of three guys in the audience) The days were just filled with work. That's a quick glimpse of the week.

Saturday we got up to clean the Stake Center and just before leaving Liz called Stacey to say they wanted to do a girls day to Farmington, so after gaining my blessing with her innocent pleading and sparkling eyes, I knew I was alone for the day.

It turned out good in the end - knowing I would be tied up the next two weekends I decided to put up Christmas lights. It seems a little early but I like to turn them on Thanksgiving weekend. The day was beautiful and warm. Of course I had to do the usual household weekend cleaning on my own - I will get as much mileage as I can out of Stacey for that. I do not have anything to complain about really - she is a wonderful wife who likes to spoil her husband (I think she does it mostly to get her daily back and feet rubs).

Grandpa Webb could not get the BYU game as normal so I got score updates as I could. Glad to see them get the win after a slow start. Next Saturday I hope to get back for the UofU game. I have to work - a special tour with dignitaries in Monument Valley.

Haven had decided a few weeks back to tryout for a professional dance team there in Utah Valley for the Utah Valley Thunder Arena Football team. There were 53 girls try out and they were taking 15. She called last night and was excited to report she made it. It won't take a ton of time since they only have 7 home games - it will be fun to go watch her perform. The season starts in March.

Thats it for this week - not too exciting - we are looking forward to the holidays and more family around and more time to enjoy them.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

That is soooo cool about Haven making the team! She is definitely a very good dancer. Hey, how come Dad can't get the games? I thought he invested in the right kind of cable.