Sunday, December 28, 2008

In the Meadow

I have been off work now since the 19th of December and we have really enjoyed our holiday time off to celebrate the life and birth of the Savior and to be with and enjoy family and friends. My City Christmas party was the evening of the 19th and it finished about 8:30pm. We quickly cleaned up, picked up Kevin and headed to Provo to Andrea's wedding. We got their about 1:00 am and had to be in Jordan River about 10:30 at the temple for Andrea's wedding. We stayed with Cody and Amanda and they were great as usual. We got to see all the family and finish Christmas shopping. Andrea & Thad are an awesome couple and a good match. It was fun to see them so happy together. This is Stacey waiting for the wedding at the Temple. We also took the opportunity to get a pick of all my siblings and Mom & Dad Webb at the reception. I wish I would have taken a lot more pictures.
















We drove home on Saturday, Haven came home with us. Lant came home on his own and Shad headed up to Ogden with Brooke. Cody and Amanda took off to Washington on the 23rd. The weather broke that one day and they were able to make it. Shad stayed up in Ogden for a few days and came home Monday with Brooke who stayed with us till Christmas Eve. She got a ride to Provo with our neighbor so she could be home for Christmas. We built the big snowman Tuesday after it snowed most of Monday night. It is 12 feet tall - we had to measure.

The usual traditions of the holidays were all enjoyed. We dipped chocolates, and went caroling and ate soooo much food, Grandma Webb made ham and turkey and all the fixings - No out of town visitors at Grandma's this year - first time in a long time. We had a little program conducted by Grandpa Webb, my Dad and I sang a duet, Star Bright - I got emotional and could barely sing - I was thinking of my Grandparents singing the song when I was a kid. Its is really a pretty song. Grandma Webb told the story of Skats and we sang lots of Christmas songs. Grandpa read from the Bible the Christmas story and we ended with family prayer. It snowed most the night Christmas even and we woke up to a really white Christmas. We now have two feet on the ground. The kids all got spoiled of course - so did we.

We have enjoyed lots of games, movies and visiting. I am getting better at all teh Wii games. We are getting a little bit stir crazy with so much time off at home. I have set my goals for the new year and we made our budget for 2009. Just the usual stuff getting ready for a new year. Shad and Haven went back to Provo yesterday, Lant is still around. Stacey and I celebrated our anniversary with dinner out yesterday. I will never take for granted the wonderful wife I married. She is everything to me. I love her so much, 26 years together now - I can't imagine eternity without her, I am glad I don't have to.

I am off till January 5th so we have a few more days to play - we are looking at different road trip options now. It was so good to see so much family this past week. It was good to hear from so many friends. We think of you all often.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I wrote down my favorite Christmas memories for my Crandall side . . . I put down listening to the story of Scats. As I would listen with a fire crackling in the background, all was right with the world!